Davido Deletes Post Warning Adeleke Against Supporting Any Presidential Candidate - Infopalavanews

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Monday, 17 August 2026

Davido Deletes Post Warning Adeleke Against Supporting Any Presidential Candidate



Afrobeats singer David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido, has removed a post in which he told his uncle, Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke, that they should no longer support any presidential candidate ahead of the 2027 election.


The singer made the post as voting and result collation were taking place in Osun on Saturday.


In the message directed at his uncle, Davido wrote, “No more supporting any presidential candidate @AAdeleke_01 make we Dey our Dey!!!”


Checks  reveal that the post has been taken down. However, it had already generated significant attention online, particularly because Governor Adeleke has publicly backed President Bola Tinubu’s bid for another term in 2027.


Davido was also said to have deleted a separate message aimed at Tinubu, which read, “U no try @officialABAT.”


The development follows the conclusion the Osun election, during which Davido was actively following events and expressing concerns about happenings around the poll and the collation of results.


Adeleke ultimately won the election, defeating the APC candidate, Bola Oyebamiji, by 66,252 votes. The governor recorded 511,067 votes against Oyebamiji’s 444,815, while ADC candidate Najeem Salaam finished third with 17,180 votes.


The final figures showed that Adeleke secured victories in 19 of Osun’s 30 local government areas, while Oyebamiji won 11. The election had 1,010,684 accredited voters from 2,339,544 registered voters, with 1,005,800 votes cast. INEC recorded 985,097 valid votes and 20,721 rejected ballots.


However, the governor’s victory did not lead to any change in his position on the 2027 presidential election. In his acceptance speech after being declared winner, Adeleke renewed his endorsement of Tinubu, praising the President for what he described as his contribution to a credible election.


At this point, I must deeply appreciate Mr President, His Excellency, Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu, for his strong support for a free and fair election. Mr President is a son of Osun State, and I hereby reaffirm my earlier endorsement of him for a second term in the 2027 presidential election,” Adeleke said.


Adeleke had earlier announced his support for Tinubu’s second-term bid before moving from the PDP to the Accord Party to contest the Osun governorship election.


He also disclosed that Tinubu personally contacted him after his victory. Adeleke expressed appreciation for the President’s intervention on issues surrounding the election, including the unfreezing of the state government’s account by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission before the poll.


“What else do I want? I’ve instructed my Attorney General to drop it. Mr President has done well; he called me. What more do I want?” Adeleke said.


The dispute between the Osun State Government and the EFCC started after the anti-graft agency placed a Post No Debit restriction on one of the state government’s accounts.


The EFCC said the action was connected to an ongoing investigation into the handling of about N11 billion belonging to the state.


The commission said the funds under investigation included Ecology Funds, Intervention Funds and allocations received through the Federation Account Allocation Committee.


The agency also alleged that there had been unusual movements of money from the account into several corporate accounts.


Pelumi Olajengbesi, an Accord Party chieftain, had earlier said Tinubu called Adeleke even before INEC completed the announcement of the results. While describing the President’s gesture as a demonstration of leadership, Olajengbesi also alleged that opposition supporters faced intimidation and arrests during the election.


No comments:

Post a Comment